First off, we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your patience, well wishes, good vibes and support over our period of closure. Your love and kindness kept our spirits up during the most uncertain times we have ever experienced.
Since reopening, we also want to thank everyone who has visited us so far for your patience, cooperation, appreciation and all the other wonderful things you have said and done for us this spring.
We are so very fortunate to have such amazing clients.
For those of you who we haven't had the pleasure of seeing yet, please review the following information CAREFULLY:
1. At this time, we only have David available. He IS taking new appointments. However, as you might imagine, he is extremely backlogged... so do expect a wait to get in to see him.
Staffing has become a challenge post-Covid, so we ask for your patience and understanding as we work to rebuild our team.
2. Please be aware that walk-ins and online booking will be unavailable until further notice.
3. We strongly encourage you to reach out to us via phone, email or Facebook Messenger with your questions, requests or product needs instead of trying to pop by. The last thing we want is to leave you standing there knocking, however there will not always be someone available to come and help you. Stylists are not able to step away from a client to answer the door, speak to someone or do a consultation, as this would compromise social distancing and disinfection protocols.
New safety regulations will have things looking a little different for you and your appointment - many of you have already visited, and know that our protocols are straightforward and easy to comply with.
Please be aware that our new policies are not optional.
Your safety and continued good health, as well as our team members’ safety and continued good health, is Ascend Salon’s number one priority and we take our role in keeping everyone safe very seriously.
We continue to follow updates from the government and Worksafe BC to ensure that our practices and policies adhere to the highest standard of care and cleanliness possible.
Our changes to operations include the following:
1. If you are feeling unwell in ANY capacity, please call and reschedule your appointment. We reserve the right to refuse service to any persons deemed to be ill… please don’t put us in that unpleasant position.
2. Anyone who has traveled outside the country in the last 14 days is not permitted to visit until they have completed their self-quarantine.
3. We will be limiting the number of people allowed in the salon at all times. As mentioned, this means walk-ins are no longer permitted, double booking will no longer be something that is able to be done, and we ask that you please arrive unaccompanied for your appointment.
4. Please keep all your personal belongings in your vehicle, and only arrive with your method of payment and personal device. We encourage cashless transactions, as the less there is to touch... the better.
In addition, we no longer have a waiting area, so please don’t arrive early for your appointment- we won't be able to let you in, and waiting outside is no fun.
5. Everyone who enters the salon will be required to wear a mask, to sanitize their hands upon arrival and to fill out a safe visit questionnaire before we are able to perform any services. If you do not have a mask, you may purchase one, but we strongly encourage you to bring your own, as our supplies are limited. We reserve the right to refuse service to any persons who refuse this requirement.
For everyone's convenience, we have a sanitizing station set up immediately inside our front door with WHO-approved sanitizer available for you. (The container is disinfected after each use) We also have a table set up immediately to your right where you can proceed to fill out your safe visit questionnaire. (The table and pen are disinfected after each use) Our staff's daily self-assessments will also be laid out for your peace of mind.
6. To ensure a safe, clean environment at all times, we will be keeping our door locked. When you arrive for your appointment, your stylist will have already completed their tool and station disinfecting process, and they will come and unlock the door and welcome you into the salon and help walk you through this new process. Once again, if you do not have an appointment, we encourage you to contact us with your questions or appointment requests,
7. Appointments are being spaced to allow time to clean up and disinfect tools and stations after the previous guest, and to allow for the safe exit of that person without risking bumping into someone who is waiting. To ensure the ability to complete these procedures properly, we have temporarily disabled our online booking feature.
8. Capes will be laundered after each use, and will now be stored in sealed, sterilized bins and remain untouched until they are brought out for your service.
Your stylist will be wearing a mask at all times. As always, gloves used during colouring will never be reused. Social distancing will always be practiced. Our new wireless terminal will be disinfected any time it is touched.
9. We will be providing limited blow drying services- if this is something you would prefer not to have at all with your service, please let us know.
Our beverage service will not be available at this time.
10. We ask that during your visit to please refrain from wandering about, as everywhere you go will then have to be re-disinfected. We especially ask you to please not touch the products- your favourites will still all be stocked and available for purchase, and your stylist will be happy to answer any questions you may have to help you pick something out for yourself.
You can also shop from home; you’ll find a list of everything we carry in the salon right here under “retail”, including photos, descriptions and prices... we also offer a great many other products online that we do not carry in-salon.
We offer curbside pickup, and free doorstep delivery anywhere in Penticton. If you are unfamiliar with online shopping, please feel free to send us an email, and our manager will be happy to help walk you through the process.
11. Finally.. and this one kills us... there will be no hugs or physical contact outside of providing your hair services for now. We love you all dearly and are very sad to not be able to embrace each one of you... but rules are rules, so consider yourselves all virtually hugged!
We know that change can be difficult... but we are confident that our policies are reasonable and in everyone's best interest. Ascend Salon believes that this safe, responsible and considerate way of doing business is the most important thing for us to be doing in these uncertain times.
Due to the extreme demand on our stylists' time and the inability to take walk-ins to fill spaces, we require 48 hours notice for appointment cancellations at this time.
Less than 48 hours notice cancellations and no-shows will be required to pay a deposit (half the cost of your missed service) in order to book any future appointments.
Please note that last-minute cancellation due to illness will NOT require a deposit, and as a thank-you for your honesty and cooperation, we will make special arrangements to get you in ASAP as soon as you are well. *Please be HONEST - misuse of this pardon will spoil it for everyone.
Due to the steps involved with disinfection after each client, it is no longer a simple or quick affair to perform consultations.
At this time, we ask that all new clients wanting consultations before booking an appointment to please send us an email for further instruction.
Please note that your stylist will perform a consultation before commencing your appointment in any case.
You can expect to get the straight goods from us. Our service policies centralize around integrity. We won't tell you we can do something that can't be done and we won't sell you something that you don't need.
We make sure you leave happy, and we offer you our continuing promise to always stand behind our work.
Bottom line; we won't compromise your trust.. or your hair!
We want you to enjoy your experience with us!
If you're thinking of doing something new, if you have a previous disaster you need fixed, or if you just don't quite know what you want to do... our stylists are always happy to sit down with you and work out a plan.
Our service policy at Ascend is that consultations are always free.
Please note that stylists may request that either a waiver be signed, or that there must be parental presence for any colour services that are to be performed on minors. This helps us all stay on the same page and avoid any misunderstandings or confusion.