We've compiled our most important documents into easy PDF format for your convenience.
See how we're running the salon, and make sure you're safe to visit before arriving!
First off, we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your patience, well wishes, good vibes and support over our period of closure, and every day afterwards. Your love and kindness kept our spirits up during the most uncertain times we have ever experienced.
We also want to thank everyone who has visited us so far for your patience, cooperation, appreciation and all the other wonderful things you have said and done for us.
We are so very fortunate to have such amazing clients.
(Updated January 8th, 2021)
Please review the following information CAREFULLY:
1. At this time, we have chosen to hold off on hiring until the pandemic is more under control - which means we only have David available. He IS taking new appointments. However, as you might imagine, he is extremely backlogged... so do expect a wait to get in to see him.
2. We strongly encourage you to reach out to us via phone, email or Facebook Messenger with your questions, requests or product needs instead of trying to pop by the shop. The last thing we want is to leave you standing there knocking, however there will not always be someone available to come and help you. Stylists are not able to step away from a client to answer the door, speak to someone or do a consultation, as this would compromise social distancing and disinfection protocols.
New safety regulations will have things looking a little different for you and your appointment - those of you who have already visited know that our protocols are fair, straightforward and easy to comply with.
Please be aware that our new policies are not optional.
Your safety and continued good health, as well as our team members’ safety and continued good health, is Ascend Salon’s number one priority and we take our role in keeping everyone safe very seriously.
We continue to follow updates from the government and Worksafe BC to ensure that our practices and policies adhere to the highest standard of care and cleanliness possible.
Our changes to operations include the following:
1. If you are feeling unwell in ANY capacity, please call and reschedule your appointment. We reserve the right to refuse service to any persons deemed to be ill… please don’t put us in that unpleasant position.
2. If you have traveled outside the province in the last 14 days, we kindly ask that you please reschedule your appointment, as you will not be able to be served.
In addition, if you have had visitors from outside the province in the last 14 days, we kindly ask that you please reschedule your appointment, as you will not be able to be served.
3. We have limited the salon's capacity beyond regulation requirement to ensure our guests feel at ease in our space. In addition, we have switched our services to be by appointment only - we no longer accommodate walk-ins, double booking has been suspended until further notice, and we ask that you please arrive unaccompanied for your appointment.
4. Please keep your personal belongings in your vehicle. We encourage cashless transactions, as the less there is to touch... the better. We have a lidded bin available for your coats and hats to help keep them safe - this bin will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
In addition, we no longer have a waiting area, so please don’t arrive early for your appointment- we won't be able to let you in, and waiting outside is no fun.
5. Everyone who enters the salon will be required to wear a mask, to sanitize their hands upon arrival and to fill out a safe visit questionnaire before we are able to perform any services. If you are not able to wear a mask, we are not able to serve you.
For everyone's convenience, we have a sanitizing station set up immediately inside our front door with sanitizer available for you. (The container is cleaned and disinfected after each use) Please ensure that you use the sanitizer when you arrive. We also have a table set up immediately to your right where you can proceed to fill out your safe visit questionnaire. (The table and pen are cleaned and disinfected after each use)
6. To ensure a safe, clean environment at all times, we will be keeping our door locked. When you arrive for your appointment, your stylist will have already completed their tool and station cleaning and disinfecting process, and they will come and unlock the door and welcome you into the salon and help walk you through this new process. Once again, if you do not have an appointment, we encourage you to contact us by phone or online with your questions or appointment requests.
7. Appointment times have all been extended to allow time to clean up and disinfect tools and stations after the previous guest, and to allow for the safe exit of that person without risking bumping into someone who is waiting.
8. Capes and towels are laundered after each use, and are stored in sealed, clean, disinfected bins and remain untouched until they are brought out for your service.
Your stylist will be wearing a mask at all times. As always, gloves used during colouring will never be reused. Social distancing will be practiced whenever possible. Our new wireless terminal will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
9. We are providing blow drying with services - if this is something you would prefer not to have at all with your service, please let us know.
Due to the extreme demand on our time, we are currently not performing blowouts or stand-alone styling services - this is temporary. Our beverage service is also not available at this time.
10. We ask that during your visit to please refrain from wandering about, as everywhere you go will then have to be re-cleaned and disinfected. We especially ask you to please not touch the products- your favourites will still all be stocked and available for purchase, and your stylist will be happy to answer any questions you may have to help you pick something out for yourself.
You can also shop from home; you’ll find a list of everything we carry in the salon on our online store. We also offer a great many other professional products online that we do not carry in-salon.
We offer curbside pickup, and free doorstep delivery anywhere in Penticton. If you are unfamiliar with online shopping, please feel free to send us an email, and our salon manager will be happy to help walk you through the process.
Due to the extreme demand on our stylists' time and the inability to take walk-ins to fill spaces, we require 48 hours notice for appointment cancellations at this time.
Less than 48 hours notice cancellations and no-shows will be required to pay a deposit (half the cost of your missed service) in order to book any future appointments.
Please note that last-minute cancellation due to illness will NOT require a deposit, and as a thank-you for your honesty and cooperation, we will make special arrangements to get you in ASAP as soon as you are well. *Please be HONEST - misuse of this pardon will spoil it for everyone.
Due to the steps involved with disinfection after each client, it is no longer a simple or quick affair to perform consultations.
At this time, we ask that all new clients wanting consultations before booking an appointment to please send us an email for further instruction.
Please note that your stylist will perform a consultation before commencing your appointment in any case.
Ascend Salon reserves the right to refuse service to any person who conducts themselves in a hostile manner, creates a disturbance or otherwise behaves in a rude or unacceptable manner in regard to Covid requirements.
Abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
You can expect to get the straight goods from us. Our service policies centralize around integrity. We won't tell you we can do something that can't be done and we won't sell you something that you don't need.
We make sure you leave happy, and we offer you our continuing promise to always stand behind our work.
Bottom line; we won't compromise your trust.. or your hair!
We want you to enjoy your experience with us!
If you're thinking of doing something new, if you have a previous disaster you need fixed, or if you just don't quite know what you want to do... our stylists are always happy to sit down with you and work out a plan.
Consultations are always free.
Please note that stylists may request that either a waiver be signed, or that there must be parental presence for any colour services that are to be performed on minors. This helps us all stay on the same page and avoid any misunderstandings or confusion.